The judges of SCAE’s annual Photography Awards included Johan Damgaard, Johan & Nystrom, Chris Dobbs, Chris Dobbs Photography, Sarah Grennan, Café Europa and Ludovic Maillard, Maison Jobin. The winning photos are:
Entry into the competition is free and is open to everyone. You can use the official hash tag #SCAEphoto2016 on your social media account.
To make things a bit more interesting and to challenge the artist in all the coffee people out there, we have created four categories in which you can register your pictures*. These are as follows:
- The bean and the farm: the origin or the story of how it all starts
- The people and the bean: it takes thousands to make coffee happen
- From bean to cup: the process
- The artist’s way
The Jury > The winning photograph will be carefully selected by our panel of four amazing judges who are passionate about coffee and photography. The complete list of the judging panel will shortly be released on our website, including a biography for each judge so keep an eye on www.scae.com for the next update.
The winners: the Artists > The winners will be announced at SCAE’s World of Coffee 2016 in Dublin, Ireland in June 2016, as well as on the SCAE website and in Café Europa.
The prizes > Details of the prizes will follow shortly.
- You may submit a maximum of four (4) coffee-related photos.
- Entries must be submitted as high-resolution JPEG or PNG files (resolution 300 dpi, file size – at least 1MB).
- SCAE reserves the right to decline entry or disqualify any entry not conforming to the rules or if deemed unsuitable.
- Individuals: the work submitted must be your own and you warrant that you own the copyright to the photograph(s) and grant SCAE the right to use the photograph(s) as stated below. Any photographs submitted must not have been used previously in advertising.
- Corporate/organisational entrants may designate their chosen photographer, but in so doing warrant that they in fact own the copyright to the photograph(s) and grant SCAE the right to use the photograph(s) as stated below. Any photographs submitted must not have been used previously in advertising.
- Staff and the extended family of the SCAE staff may enter the coffee photography competition, but cannot claim prizes if their entries are selected by the judges.
- By entering, you agree to the rules of the competition and to granting SCAE the non-exclusive use of the photograph(s) at the exhibition, in Café Europa, on our website www.scae.com, and in other SCAE-approved activities, publications or other materials in all media and territories without time limitation.
Remember: On the eighth day God created coffee. Good luck to you all!
- When and where? The competition opens on the 10th of March and closes on the 15th of May 23.59 GMT. All applications should be submitted through the online form.
- Who can participate in the SCAE coffee photography competition? Anyone, whether amateur or professional, with a passion for coffee or photography or both.
- Do I have to live in the UK so I can enter the competition? No, applicants all over the world can take part in the competition.
- Do I have to be a SCAE member so I can enter the competition? No, you don’t have to be a SCAE member, everybody can enter the competition.
- How many images can I submit? You can submit a maximum of four (4) photographs, one (1) per category.
- Are there any specific requirements of the photographs to be submitted? Yes, the photos should be at a 300 dpi resolution, the file size should be 1mb, and the format should be JPEG or PNG.
- What about copyrights of the photos submitted? When entering the competition, you agree to the rules of the competition and to granting SCAE the non-exclusive use of the photograph(s) at the exhibition, in Café Europa, on our website www.scae.com, and in other SCAE-approved activities, publications or other materials in all media and territories without time limitation.
- Can I send hard-copy materials? No, only online applications will be accepted. Submit your application through the this form.
- Will I be notified of my competition entry? Yes, each applicant will receive a confirmation e-mail in the first 48h upon submission. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, you must resend your application. If you encounter any problems, email email@example.com.